Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

{American Flag} from BEANS

This project that I am going to show you how to make is SUPER QUICK AND EASY!!! It literally takes less then 5 minutes to put together. It is SO GORGEOUS once your done!!

What you need to make these:
-Some type of vase or clear canister {A mason jar would be cute!}
-A bag of red beans or kidney beans
-A bag of navy beans {which are white in color}
-A bag of black beans

I bought small bags for all of them. I used the full bag on both the red and white beans and I used half the bag of black beans.

**To make them all you need to do is 
layer the red and white beans however thick you want the stripes to be. Keep doing that until you are somewhat close to the top. Then pour in the black beans-hopefully you have left enough room for a thick stripe!

THAT'S IT!!!! Easy Peasy!!

Here is what they look like:
AMERICAN FLAG FROM BEANS!

Don't you think they are gorgeous??



***IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENE OOPS FROM THESE FEEL FREE TO READ ON:

I am a little embarrassed that I am even going to be sharing this, but I just wanted to let you know that the behind the scenes on some projects just don't go well!

I got these all put together and was so happy with how they turned out. I went outside to get pictures-being VERY CAREFUL not to tip them over. I decided that the grass would be so pretty to take the pictures at.....HELLO WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!

You can probably guess what happened... YES, one of them tipped over!!! AHHHHH!!!! Luckily it was the little one. But can I just say, do you know what its like to look for beans in the grass...its like looking for a needle in a haystack! Oh my, it took almost an hour to clean up the mess and sort them all out again. I wanted to just leave them there, but I couldn't. I am so grateful to my little Kaitlyn who helped me pick through the grass and sort them out. 

Oh and don't worry....there were a few that got left in the grass and a week later we had BEAN SPROUTS growing from the grass!! HAHA!!! 

Ok so after this I DIDN'T want to see ANOTHER BEAN for a LONG TIME!!!!



Hope you found joy reading my little OOPS!! 


Joining the following link parties:

PhotobucketChef In Training















{Junk in their Trunk}

Photobucket


52 MantelsThe Taylor House

the Grant Life

Blissful and Domestic







One Artsy Mama


12 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the black candlestick holders you used - did you make those too?

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea.. LOVE this.. ;)) Thanks so much for sharing.. ;)) So fun and creative.. I am stopping by to say hello (already a happy follower here ) I'm Marilyn, co-host via summer blog party... So delighted to be hosting with you.. I look forward to a summer of fun ;)) Wishing you a beautiful evening.. xo~ Marilyn http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love this, and I love your oops story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bean idea! - I'm your newest follower from the Summer Fun blog party. Please checkout my blog if you get a chance:
    godsgrowinggarden.blogspot.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking and thanks for sharing the oops. I like reading about others oops because sometimes it seems like everything comes out perfect, especially when looking at Pinterest all the time. I try to share those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would never have thought to use the black beans for Navy. Close in color. LOVE IT! Thanks so much for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha ha. I have a very similar set up (they have been up since Memorial day) and I have simliar issues.. My KIDS LOVE TO PLAY IN THEM.

    There goes the layers.. The dig in them and now I am finding beans all over my house. Nobody ever tells you that your new decor is going to be spread all over you house!

    Ah yes..live and learn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin' the 'layered beans in the jars' ideas!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from Creative Corner. Great idea for an inexpensive way to dress up for the holiday. And thanks for sharing your oops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such s great idea - I love how simple this is!Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was definitely my kind of project....super fast and easy:)
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Jill

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips