Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Thrift Store Christmas Decor Tutorial

I can't wait to show you what I have today. This is definitely up top with my favorite projects I have done! So let's get to it...

A few weeks ago I went to our local thrift store to
see what I could find to do my crafts.
I went down the frame isle and came across and old oval frame
with quite the beauty of a painting in it...note the sarcasm here!!
 I knew that I could create something Amazing with this frame
so I bought it for a whopping $1.00!

When I came home, I thought about what I wanted to do with it and knew it needed to be something Christmas. So here is what I came up with:
Photobucket

This really was so fun to take something old and make it modern and new!


Here's what I did to make it:
1. The painting was screwed into the frame so I unscrewed it and remove the painting. 
Photobucket


2. Then I took the frame and spray painted it red.
Photobucket

3. I bought some fabric to put for the background to cover up the ugly painting. I also bought some little embellishments and ribbon to add to this to spruce it up.
Photobucket

4. Next, I took the fabric and cut it about the size of the oval painting.
Photobucket

5. I took some spray adhesive {my new favorite stuff} and sprayed the painting with it. I did it according to the directions on the can. Then I put the fabric onto the painting. I smoothed that out and let it dry for a bit. Then I took scissors and cut the excess fabric off.
Photobucket

Photobucket

6. I cut some sparkly red ribbon to fit in the spot I wanted it to on the board. I also used adhesive spray to glued that onto the board.
Photobucket

7. Now is the fun part...figuring out the embellishments. It took me a minute to get it just right, but finally came up with this:
Photobucket

8. Lastly, I cut out the words "Joy to the World" in brown vinyl on the circut and transferred those onto to the fabric.
Photobucket

There you have it!! Super fun and SHABBY CHIC Christmas Decor from a Thrift Store Frame!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
I LOVE it!! What do you think??



Joining these Link Parties HERE

8 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me! This is so cute! I am going to sharw your link. What a great talent you have! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me! This is so cute! I am going to sharw your link. What a great talent you have! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me! This is so cute! I am going to sharw your link. What a great talent you have! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to amaze me! This is so cute! I am going to sharw your link. What a great talent you have! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, this project is AMAZING! What a beautiful transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. as usual an amazing job :) you are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this turned out! So pretty! Visiting from DearCreatives.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely!!
    This for sharing at Show & Share, featuring this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips