Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Vintage Snowflake Decor

Here in Utah we have a full on winter season with lots of snow. 
I have always thought of January as the "Snow Themed" month for my house.
 I always decorate with snowmen. Probably because its such a 
gloomy time and snowmen bring cheer and smiles to me. 
They are just so stinkin cute!!!

The next little bit on the blog I am going to have Snow Themed decor that I am making to put up in my home during January!

Today I have a cute and simple decor that I found on Pinterest. I fell in love with them the minute I saw them. 

Here is what I am calling
 Vintage Snowflake Decor:



Over at A Place 2 Call Home she did this with a few frames all together. Some had lots of snowflakes and some just a couple. For mine I just kept them simple.


What I Used:
-2  5"x7" Ikea Frames {my new favorite frames!}
-An OLD OLD Book with yellowed pages
-Exacto Knife {optional}
-Paper Cutter if needed {I didn't need one with mine}
-Silver or white snowflakes


What I Did:
My hubby got a book when he was in elementary. It is so worn and falling apart he let me use it for the project and anything else I want to! Wahoo!! I know some of you may not agree with doing this, but it just gives this decor such an old vintage look. I love it.

First, I used and exacto knife to cut 2 pages out of the book for the frames.

Next, I opened up the frames and put a silver snowflake in the corners I wanted them in. I left the mats in that came with the frame. Then I set the book page in place and put the back on. 


That's it!! Super easy, quick and
 GORGEOUS!!!



Thanks again to A Place 2 Call Home for the an amazing idea!




Joining these Link Parties HERE

13 comments:

  1. Cute as usual Jill! Love the quick and easy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as usual Jill! Love the quick and easy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as usual Jill! Love the quick and easy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute as usual Jill! Love the quick and easy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as usual Jill! Love the quick and easy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute as usual Jill! Love the quick and easy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute as usual Jill! Love the quick and easy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I'm always looking for new ideas to use around my home. I'm not very creative and I'm never able to really figure out just what looks good together, so I'm always stealing ideas. This one is certainly steal-worthy!

    I found you via the Creative Corner blog hop and I'm your newest follower. I would love it if you stopped by my blog and returned the follow if you like what you see.

    Happy New Year!
    Mary Beth
    www.beingathomebynature.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I somehow missed this post the other day and saw it on your linky party :) as usual what a great job and super simple- LOVE these projects- and possibly items most of us have already. thanks lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are super cute. I recently saw a great winter mantel picture with a framed snowflake art along with ice skates and a snowflake garland that I want to make for next January. I went to a local consignment shop today and found a few cute and inexpensive frame so I am going to make a set of these to go along with my idea! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! It's still cold and snowy here in New England. I just might try making some of these.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips