Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Happy Birthday Blocks

The past few months I have been thinking about our family birthdays and wanting to start a new tradition with some type of sign. I have been wanting something fun that can go for both boys and girls birthdays. I have thought about different ways to do that like a banner or something. I finally came up with doing Birthday Blocks!! 

Here is how to make it:

I cut out 3 blocks that are 3"x3 1/2" and 1 1/2" thick and 2 blocks that are 3"x3" and 1 1/2" thick . Then I cut out a long one that is 3 1/4"x19 1/2". I wanted it thick so I could get the Birthday on it so it is 1 1/2" thick. 

After I got them sanded, I painted them. I wanted to make it really bright and fun since its for birthdays. I also wanted to make it unisexual. 
The colors I used are:
Big Board: Butter Cream by craft smart

The blocks from left to right:
Sea Breeze by Americana
Apple Tart by craft smart
Purple by craft smart
Light Orange by craft smart
Coral Blush by Americana

I did 3 coats on all of them because I didn't really want the wood to show through. On the light orange I did 5 coats. It wasn't going on very well!

Then I found fun Birthday paper and bright paper to match the colors of the paint. I then cut them down to size. I cut them smaller than the blocks so I could see the paint around the paper. 

Next, I cut the Happy Birthday in black vinyl. For the Happy I did each letter in a different font. I wanted it to look fun. Here is what I used for each letter:
H- His Name is Honey found Here

A- Wish I Were Taller found Here

P-  Bosshole found Here

P-  Monster Paparazzi found Here

Y- Auburn found Here

Birthday- Elephants in Cherry Trees found Here

After I cut those out on my cricut I stuck them on to the paper. Then I mod podged the paper to the blocks. On the big birthday block I put a thin layer of mod podge over the vinyl so it wouldn't have a chance of coming off!! 

Now we are done!! Super Easy and I LOVE how they turned out!!! It is just so bright and fun for everyone's birthdays!



I am also going to make it a tradition for everyone to get their picture by it every birthday. We started with little Logan who turned 1 on Nov. 12th. He was too interested in playing with the blocks!!

Joining the Following:


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Totally Inspired Tuesdayshttp://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday

2 comments:

  1. This information is very valuable. Thanks for sharing this with us. Let us know if you have any new information for us in the future. We are grateful for your cooperation. If you have any thoughts about my profile please let me know. In Clicks Test, you can find a lot of information.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips