Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Happy Birthday Blocks

The past few months I have been thinking about our family birthdays and wanting to start a new tradition with some type of sign. I have been wanting something fun that can go for both boys and girls birthdays. I have thought about different ways to do that like a banner or something. I finally came up with doing Birthday Blocks!! 

Here is how to make it:

I cut out 3 blocks that are 3"x3 1/2" and 1 1/2" thick and 2 blocks that are 3"x3" and 1 1/2" thick . Then I cut out a long one that is 3 1/4"x19 1/2". I wanted it thick so I could get the Birthday on it so it is 1 1/2" thick. 

After I got them sanded, I painted them. I wanted to make it really bright and fun since its for birthdays. I also wanted to make it unisexual. 
The colors I used are:
Big Board: Butter Cream by craft smart

The blocks from left to right:
Sea Breeze by Americana
Apple Tart by craft smart
Purple by craft smart
Light Orange by craft smart
Coral Blush by Americana

I did 3 coats on all of them because I didn't really want the wood to show through. On the light orange I did 5 coats. It wasn't going on very well!

Then I found fun Birthday paper and bright paper to match the colors of the paint. I then cut them down to size. I cut them smaller than the blocks so I could see the paint around the paper. 

Next, I cut the Happy Birthday in black vinyl. For the Happy I did each letter in a different font. I wanted it to look fun. Here is what I used for each letter:
H- His Name is Honey found Here

A- Wish I Were Taller found Here

P-  Bosshole found Here

P-  Monster Paparazzi found Here

Y- Auburn found Here

Birthday- Elephants in Cherry Trees found Here

After I cut those out on my cricut I stuck them on to the paper. Then I mod podged the paper to the blocks. On the big birthday block I put a thin layer of mod podge over the vinyl so it wouldn't have a chance of coming off!! 

Now we are done!! Super Easy and I LOVE how they turned out!!! It is just so bright and fun for everyone's birthdays!



I am also going to make it a tradition for everyone to get their picture by it every birthday. We started with little Logan who turned 1 on Nov. 12th. He was too interested in playing with the blocks!!

Joining the Following:


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Totally Inspired Tuesdayshttp://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday

1 comment:

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips