Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

{Let it Snow} Sign

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I had an awesome weekend! You will read more about it below.

With this month being January and the weather here in Utah is normally snow, I wanted to make a cute 'Let it Snow' sign.  I was getting worried because there really hasn't been much snow this whole fall/winter. Especially with last week felling much like SPRING. But we finally got a bunch of snow on Saturday! YAY!! I like to think that Mother Nature looked at my sign and took it to heart!! HAHA!
I just had to take my kids out and let them play in it. They both got snow gear for Christmas and my 3 year old has been dying to get out and play. They had so much fun!!
As you can see Kaitlyn is so excited about this snow, but little Logan was not happy!! He was definitely unsure when we first went outside, but as he watched Kaitlyn run all over the place he started to think may be it was fun. He warmed up after that and loved running after his sister!

I just loved how this picture turned out!! I am working on my photography skills with my new camera.


Well enough about my weekend. Let's look at the sign, shall we?!?

Here is what it looks like:


Here is how I made it:

I got a piece of wood that is 6"x24". I painted the top of it with Robins Egg Blue made by craft smart. I did 2 coats on it.
Normally I stain my wood crafts at this point when the paint dries, but I wanted to make this one totally different. So I left it the plain, light colored wood. 

When the paint dried I added some decorative paper. When I went to the craft store I was trying to find something in the blue color that I painted the board with that looked "wintery." But I had no such luck. I then started looking at what else I could do and I came across this lace paper...

I fell in love the second I found it!! I knew that it would go Perfect with my project! I love it when that happens:) And it was on Clearance!! Woot Woot!

I cut it down to fit the board. I used 1 full sheet, just cut in half and then only about 1/4 of the other sheet.

I then mod podged it onto the wood. 
I did not put a coat on the top of the paper at this point. I just needed to glue it down so I could put the vinyl lettering on top of it. I found that this was the easiest way to do that. I just love how this paper makes it look like the whole board is snowing!

Then I cut out the words 'Let It Snow' in the font, Oh {Photo} Shoot! found HERE  in sliver vinyl and applied it to the right side of the board.
Then I applied a thin layer of mod podge over the top of the paper and vinyl. 

Lastly, I hot glued some cute snow flakes to the left side of the sign. I found these all at Walmart. I love the blue ones!! 



Now I have a super cute and fun sign for the winter months!!


 I love how it turned out! What do you think??

**Don't forget I am going to be starting a Link Party NEXT WEEK!! Be sure to come back and check it out!!
Joining the following:

Everything Under the Moon







{Junk in their Trunk}



http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday
One Artsy Mama

9 comments:

  1. I love the sign!! It is SO cute! We are now following you!
    Brooke from babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! If only we had snow here in Texas... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SUPER adorable.. Love it.. So cute.. We JUST had our first snow fall officially today in Boston.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOOOOOO cute. I'm loving this blog! I'm hoping to incorporate lots of crafts like this into my blog too.

    I'm happy to be your newest follower, and I'm hoping you'll stop by my BRAND NEW blog and follow me back!!

    Thanks a million :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pretty sign. That decorative paper really brings it all together. Love the sparkles. I am a new FB fan visiting from Ginger Snap Crafts. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a slight obsession with snowflakes this year so I think this turned out REALLY cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Jill! I love how your sign turned out :)

    Thanks for linking this awesome post up as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute!! I've been looking for things to hang in my daughter's room & think I would do something like this just with different words. I love this. Where did you find the paper?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute and adorable!! Definitely pinning this :)

    Stopping by from Talent Show Tues (a little late!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips