Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Valentine's Ribbon Wreath

A few weeks ago I was on Pinterest and saw the cutest ribbon wreath that someone had made for her door at work. My original thought was to make one for the spring, but I changed my mind. I decided it would be cuter to make one for Valentine's!! I am so happy I changed my mind.

What you will need to make it:

-Styrofoam wreath: any size you desire
-Different sizes and styles of ribbon. However many you would like to put on depends on how many rolls you will need.
OPTIONAL:
-felt or fabric
-hot glue gun

How you will make it:

If you decided to using the felt/fabric you will follow these steps first. 

Since some of my ribbons were see through I thought it would be best to cover the wreath in felt first. I cut out 3 strips of white felt and hot glued it onto the wreath. This way the yucky green color wouldn't show through the see through ribbons. 

When I got that all done I got my widest ribbon out first and measure how long I wanted it to be. I chose 19". (Later on I had to cut down some of the ribbons, but I did this length for all of them to begin with.)

I cut 4 strips of my wide one and put those on the wreath first making a "t" on it. This way you make sure those are all even and then you just have to work with little quarter sections. Much easier for me anyway!!

Then I filled in the rest with my other ribbons!! When I got them all one I went around and cut some of them down to make it even all the way around the wreath.

Lastly, I cut a strip of black ribbon and hot glued it to the back of the wreath so I can hang it up.

Heres what it look like all done...


I absolutely LOVE it!!! So fun for Valentine's!



Joining the Following:





{Junk in their Trunk}


http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday
One Artsy Mama

6 comments:

  1. Hehe, that's fun, it's like a ribbon explosion! Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I am loving so many of the Valentine's Day things I have seen around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I think I need to make one (or two) for my girls' room. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stinkin' cute is that! Great job! Thanks for sharing xoxox

    Erin over at the BlueMasonJar

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I saw you are a new follower of mine from the Mommy Panel...I actually became your follower a few weeks ago and I'm just putting it all together now! Hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!!! We are your newest followers from the Mommy Panel!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips