Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

{P.S. I love you} Canvas Love Note Board

I decided a few weeks ago when I was at Walmart that it would be fun to try doing a craft with canvas. I have never worked with it before so I wanted to give it a try. I found many different sizes of canvases, but decided on the smallest they had which is an 8"x10".  I came up with making a board that my hubby and I could leave little loves notes on for each other.

Of course when I bought it, the canvas was white. Totally BORING!!

I had to give it life with some color. Since its going in my bedroom I decided on yellow. I am accenting in that color. I bought Krylon Bright Idea yellow and spray painted it. It did 3 coats. It was so easy to paint. It dried really quick! (I am liking this canvas thing already!)
I love the shade of yellow!

Next, I got on my cricut and cut out the words, "p,s, i love you" in brown vinyl. I used the font His Name is Honey (the name goes perfect with the love note board and I didn't do it for that reason. I just loved how it looked in this font!) found HERE. I then put it on the bottom of the canvas. It was a little hard to get it to stick because the canvas is fabric and now had a slippery coat of paint on it. I got it to go on though after some hard work!

Next, I made some felt and fabric flowers to put on it. The tutorials for making them can be found HERE. I then hot glued them to the canvas.

In my stocking this past year I got some medium clothespins. I hot glued one of those on to hold our love notes on the canvas.
{My hubby works graveyards and I finished this up just as he was heading out the door to work}

Here is the full picture of it:

I love how it turned out!! My hubby loved it too. Now, I just hope I am not the only one that is going to use it:) 



Joining the following:

52 Mantels

{Junk in their Trunk}




One Artsy Mamahttp://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday


Country Momma Cooks



The Taylor House






23 comments:

  1. Ahhh this is so friggin' cute! I love it! Such a great way to leave each other little notes! My hubby is a pediatric resident right now so sometimes he has crazy hours. This would be great for us. Pinning it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this...I'll have to do something similar for my hubby! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so stinking cute! how much would you charge for this? I want it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jesse!! I will charge $15 for this love note board!

      Delete
  4. This turned out SO adorable! I absolutely love it Jill! I'm pinning this and may have to make one myself!

    Kari
    Newlyweds on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I had no idea Wal Mart carried canvases, I dont think ours does. Love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! This is sooooo cute! Thanks for sharing - what a great idea. I would love to make one for each of my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the CUTEST thing ever!!! Oh my goodness, I can't wait to make one. I love all the different kinds of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable and sweet! I love the sunny yellow color. Hmmm...I do have some extra canvases hanging around...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Pinned it so I can make it for my hubby!
    ~Jen @ hutchinsonherd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks…..have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this idea. They have these canvases really cheap at Ollie's near me. I am going to try making these. Would be really cute Mother's day gifts for my sisters. Thanks for sharing. If you have a minute come check out my blog. http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! That is a great idea to give them as gifts! Thanks for stopping by. I will hop on over to your blog!

      Delete
  12. Jill this is so sweet! I love all the details.. and the font does go perfect :)

    Ps.. thank you for linking up to my Financial Friday party.. hope to see ya there this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this!!!!

    Pinning!!!

    Natasha xxxx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Featuring YOU today over on my blog! Thanks so much for sharing at {wow me} wednesday,

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/03/take-look-at-you-my-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable! Love this idea. I am pinning:) Found you on Ginger Snap Crafts.

    Karen@Pocket Full of Pink

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this idea ... I just pinned it and I'm definitely making one. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too darling project! Love the colors and the pretty flowers.
    Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips