Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Merry & Bright Decor

Sorry I am a little late today. We upgraded internet last week and there was a problem after they installed it so I have been without internet since!
 
I can't believe we already approaching Christmas!! 
This year is flying by and I am so excited! 
I LOVE this time of year with all the holidays and being with family. 

I am also excited to be starting my Christmas decor with all of you!
 I can't wait any longer so without further adue....today I have a cute Christmas Decoration using a shadow box and ornaments!

What inspired this project was the ornaments. 
My hubby decided one Saturday to stop at a garage sale that someone in the neighborhood was having. While looking around I saw the ornaments:
These old vintage ornaments!
Aren't they so cute?!? I had to get them and they had them for a really good price. Its hard to see, but they have a crackling look to them which I loved. 

I knew that I could make something with them for Christmas so I got thinking and thats when I came up with the shadow box. This way these old ornaments that are so fragile would be totally protected form getting broken.


How I Made It:
I got the shadow box at Michael's. It is an 8"x 8" frame.

I also found this super fun silver glittery paper at Michael's as well to put in for the back ground. 
I used the back of the frame to mark exactly where I needed to cut. Then I cut it down to size.


Next, I put all the ornaments in the frame, put the glittery paper in and closed it up.
Then I cut out the words Merry & Bright in white vinyl on my cricut and put that on the glass of the shadow box. I also out sliver glittery ribbon around it and tied a bow. 

That's it!!! Super easy and so 
FUN and CHERRY for the holidays!





Joining these Link Parties HERE




18 comments:

  1. I love vintage ornaments! Your shadowbox is such a great way to showcase them. Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple way to display those pretty little bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really very cute! And it's making want to ask Santa for a Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bonny! I think you totally should ask him for one :)

      Delete
  4. This is cute & fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this. I can actually see myself making it. Cute christmas decoration. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You totally should make it. It is beyond easy :)
      You are so welcome!!
      Jill

      Delete
  6. this is fantastic!! definitely adding this to my ever-changing gallery wall to do list for this month! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather! You are too sweet!
      Jill

      Delete
    2. Gave you a shout-out! Made one this week - love it! Thanks for the inspiration :)

      http://houseofwoyaks.blogspot.com/2012/11/diy-ornament-shadow-box.html

      Delete
  7. Jill, as always, this project is AH-MAZING! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, Jill! Loving it!! Glitter makes everything better! Thanks for linking at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, Jill. Love those little baby ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple and pretty! Great job!
    Barbara at Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips