Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Healthier Banana Bread

A few months ago I had bananas that were ready for banana bread making. 
I have used the same recipe for a few years now and wanted to try something new. 
I got on Pinterest and found a healthier banana bread recipe. 
It sounded really good so I thought I would give it a try. 
Let me tell you...it was AMAZING!!! 
The loaf I made was gone the same day I made it!! 
Ok, now let's be honest...I did have a few slices myself because it was so good, 
but I do live with my parents so between them and my hubby and I it was gone!


The Amazing ingredient for this recipe to help make it healthier is....
APPLE SAUCE!!
You might have already heard of this, but it truly was so moist and delicious with it in it!

Now for the recipe...


Low Fat Banana Bread:

Ingredients:
  • 7 ripe medium bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 2-1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 tbsp butter, softened
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 4 large egg whites
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 oz (3/4 cup) chopped walnuts {optional}
  • baking spray


Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8x5 inch loaf pans with baking spray.

2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.

4. Add flour mixture and walnuts {optional}, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.

5. Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.



*******************
When I made mine I didn't have the nuts so I didn't include them. It was still delicious without them! I also didn't quite have 7 ripe bananas so I only used 5 and it was still just as tasty!





I can't wait until I have more ripe bananas to be able to make this again!!

Happy Baking!!

**To see the original site I got this recipe from, go HERE to Skinny Taste.




Joining these Link Parties HERE


4 comments:

  1. Yum! I already have some applesauce...and will probably have some very ripe bananas later this week! :)

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have such wonderful projects! I love reading your blog. I wanted to invite you to come link up at a party on my blog. It is a link party for OLD projects--so that we can hopefully get more traffic to our blogs using projects we've already posted. Come over and remind us of some of your favorite projects!
    The link-up is live now.
    http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/01/hello-and-welcome-to-first-oldie-but.html
    Hope to see you there!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good. I would love to try this!

    Hopping by and following your lovely blog's FB and Pinterest. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

    I am also inviting you to join Tiddle Diddle Handmade Shoppe's first giveaway event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I will hop on over and check it out!
      Jill

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips