Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Snow Blocks

When I was linking up to some parties last Fall I saw a super cute 
link the someone had shared. I had to go check it out. 
When I got there she had the Cutest Rustic Fall Blocks 
that she made for her mantel.
To see that post at Chase the Star, you can go HERE

I loved everything about these blocks, especially the technique she used. 
I knew I had to make these for something because
this is so the style I use in a lot of my decor.
 Today I am going to show you what I did. 
I turned them into Snow Blocks!!




How I Made Them:

First, my amazing hubby cut out my wood for me. I liked how in the ones a saw, the blocks were different sizes.
The sizes I did are:

S- 5 1/2" x 4 1/2"
N- 5 1/2" x 7 1/2"
O- 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"
W- 5 1/2" x 4/12"

They are all 1 1/2" thick.


I then sanded them down so they were nice and smooth. 


Next, I got on my Cricut and cut out the word "SNOW" in scrap vinyl I had. I used the font Bookman Old Style found in Microsoft Word. I made the letters a little smaller then each block.


Then I transferred the letters over to each block.


Next, I painted the blocks white. I painted all sides and did 3 coats on each block.


After they fully dried I pulled the vinyl letters off.


Then I took a piece of sand paper and sanded the edges of all the blocks.


Lastly, I took stain and rubbed it all over each block with a rag. I then took another rag and wiped it off so the white didn't turn brown. I used the color Early American.



I love the way they turned out! I can't wait to put them up with the rest of my snow decor on my mantle!!






Joining these Link Parties HERE

12 comments:

  1. So cute, and who doesn't have scrap wood just waiting for an adorable project like this?

    The best part is the sizing of each block, they are just different enough, but still flow, ya know what I mean?

    My fav picture is the last on on the walkway, you're a great photographer as well as crafter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok- I might just have to go home and make these. (well along with about a million other things) but these seem so quick and easy!! I love that you left the letter part as a natural wood- kind of rustic and wintery in itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jill! I love the pic of them in the actual snow! I will share this on my facebook page :) Thank you for linking back to my blog!

    Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blocks. Pinned:) new follower. Follow me too. http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/search/label/DIY%20Dollar%20Hats
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/love-free-valentine-printables.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little blocks...fun. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great article. Keep on setting up! You may visit my latest post related to best tool to convert audio files to text. I will really appreciate our visit to text to speech converter. Thank for your concern

    ReplyDelete
  7. Favorable website, where did u come up with the information on this uploading? I have read a few of the write-ups on your site now, and also, I actually like your design. Many thanks a million as well as please maintain up the reliable job. I also have to suggest you the latest post related to 100 Best Roblox Hair Codes. Here you will get to learn more about microphone if you are beginner. Refer to article RBX codes and learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great article. Keep on setting up! You may visit my latest post related to importance of 10 key typing tests. I will really appreciate our visit to typing speed. Thank for your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Commenting on a blog is an art. Good comments create relations. You’re doing great work. Keep it up. I am a professional blogger thanks. You may visit my latest post related to Best chrome auto clicker I will really appreciate our visit to chrome auto clicker extension. Thank for your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Information is readily available through blogs like yours. Having high-quality content available is a pleasure. The information you provided in your blog was fascinating, and I am thankful for the time and effort you invested in it. Explore Test Webcam Online profile for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an interesting one and I should add it to my collection. You did a great job! This must be a popular blog. Thank you for sharing this informative article. The following articles discuss How to Get Better at Using a Mouse. See my latest post Computer Mouse Tips about this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What Information? It's really amazing information. Thanks for sharing.
    Akshi Engineers is leading Mill Stand Manufacturers, Rolling Mill Stand exporters and Rolling Mill Stand suppliers in India and even other countries. Rolling Mill Stand is used for Steel Rolling Mill Plant. We provide you with a Rolling Mill Stand to support heavy loads. As a standard quality, we produce dependable and capable equipment that is lightweight and easy to maintain.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips