Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

DIY Growth Chart Ruler

This is a project that was long over due! I have wanted a Growth Chart for a very long time, but never got around to making it. A couple of weeks ago, with my hubby's help we finally got it done!!! I am so excited to be able to go back and mark where the kids heights have been and be able to continue marking for years to come so they can see how they have grown each year!!


Here is what our Growth Chart looks like:




How We Made It:
My hubby bought a 1"x6" wood board and cut it to 5' tall. He also sanded it for me!


Then I stained the whole board with Early American Stain. 


We let that dry for a full day. 

Then my awesome hubby cut out the vinyl numbers and stripes in 
black vinyl to look like a ruler. 
He then applied those to the board. 
We are going to hang this 6" off the ground so that's why the board 
is set up the way it is.
 Each stripe is 1" apart and each number is 12 stripes apart. 




It was not too hard to make, but 
I am thankful to my hubby for helping me with this project!!!






Joining the Following Link Parties

3 comments:

  1. This turned out great. I am a big fan of the growth charts. I make them for baby gifts ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I really need something like this for my little guy's room.. You and your hubby did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What font and size did you use?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips