Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

{Card Stock} Quiet Book

Now that my little Kaitlyn is getting older, I decided it was time to make a quiet book for her. This will give her some educated quiet time during the day and will be extremely helpful during church on Sunday's! I wanted to make it with stuff I already had so it would be inexpensive so I decided to put my Cricut to use and use paper!! I laminated everything so it would be stiffer. This way it would last longer too! I used magnets to hold things on the pages. I thought about using velcro, but this way it would be "quiet" for church!
In all it cost me about $2.50 to make. I had to buy the magnets that cost $1.00 a package. I had to use 2 of them and then I bought little tiny jewelry ziploc bags to put all the pieces in for every page to keep them sorted. 
It was super easy to make, just very time consuming. I worked on it a couple hours everyday. It took me about 5 days to complete. 

Here is a look at all the pages in the book...

This has been really helpful for her to learn how to spell her name
Cute Shapes Poem
Match the Shapes
Fun with kids songs 


I was so extremely sad about the next couple of pages. They got ruined when I laminated them:( I might redo them someday, but for now they are going to stay how they are because I was tired of working on it!

You can play with lots of different ice cream colors

Fun Game




Good for her to practice between big and small 

YUMMY Apples!


She absolutely loves it!! She has played with it everyday since I made it. She also has to show everyone that comes to the house:)






Joining the Following:





{Junk in their Trunk}



Everything Under the Moon

http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday
One Artsy Mama

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Jill. This is so perfect! I would totally love to do this for my niece, I'm sure my sis would appreciate a 'quiet book' too :) Awesome job, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! We still do quiet time for our 4 year old and she would love this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so creative and it looks so good! Thanks so much for stopping by and joining in my blog, look forward to see what you'll come up next...


    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for inviting me over. I LOVE the quiet book. Amazing!

    The Farm Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love this idea! My two year old son would love something like this. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous book! I'm hoping to make a similar quiet book with felt activities for my 18 month old. THis is just precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea Jill! Ill have to use this for inspiration when my daughter gets a little older. :)

    Thanks for linking up to Financial Friday too! I really appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi , this is just what i was looking for, it is so perfect, how did you stick the magnets onto the laminated papers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You are so sweet! The magnets I used were self sticking ones. They were already sticky which made it nice and easy to do. I got them at Walmart in the craft section. Hope that answers your question.
      Jill

      Delete
  10. This is genius! How old is your little one?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What size is the book? I love this book. The magnets are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What size are the pages? Love this!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips