My family and I recently threw a baby shower for my sister who is having her baby next week . We did a brunch for all who came. I was in charge of bringing some muffins. I wanted to bring something really fun and yummy. I went on pinterest to see what I could find and came across this Caramel Banana Muffin recipe. I knew that I had to make this. They just sounded delicious!!!
Don't they look AMAZING?!?
Here is the Recipe:
Caramel Banana Muffins:
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 medium banana, peeled and mashed (1/2 cup)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. caramel-flavored ice cream topping
1 medium banana. peeled and thinly sliced (optional)
1 Tbs. butter, melted
Caramel-flavored ice cream topping (optional)
1. Line twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or 6 jumbo (3-1/4-inch) muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a small bowl, mix pecans, 2 Tbs. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, softened butter and 2/3 cup sugar with an electric mixer until well combined. Add egg and beat well. Beat in mashed banana and vanilla until combined.
3. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the banana mixture, beating on low speed until just combined.
4. Stir in 1/4 cup of the pecan mixture. Spoon half the batter into prepared muffin cups (1rounded Tbs. for each 2-1/2-inch muffin cup or 2 rounded Tbs. for each jumbo muffin cup). Drizzle 1/2 tsp. caramel topping over batter in each cup. Top with remaining batter. If you like, top each muffin with 2 thin slices additional banana, Drizzle each with a little melted butter and sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture.
**I chose not to add the slices of banana on the top. It think it would have been really yummy. I thought it lacked the banana taste a little bit, but they were still REALLY good!!
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, Serve warm drizzled with more caramel topping, if you like. Makes 12 standard or 6 jumbo muffins.
**With the caramel that I put on the top it made it so the muffins stuck in the pan. I had to use knife to get them out of the pan.
They were seriously So YUMMY!!! They were very moist and had really good flavor. Like I said above I did think they were lacking the banana flavor just a bit. Next time I will try putting the slices of banana on top and maybe even add more mashed banana to the mixture.
Joining the Following: