I have been working on my bedroom decor for the last few months. It has been a project that keeps getting put off because I have been picky about what I want to do with the decor it in. I finally found some things for the wall that I LOVED!!
About a month ago my hubby and I went to Wasatch Steel. He goes there a lot to get steel for his projects. This particular time I went with him. We had a sleeping baby in the car so he said I will stay here and you go in and pick out anything you want for your projects. Of course I was all for that!! I went in an found a few amazing things. These things came from this trip there:
Aren't they cool looking?!?
I wanted to paint them black to match my room. I started by painting primer on them.
When that dried I started spray painting them black.
After I got them painted my husband came to me with an idea and I loved what he suggested. I found these cute metal flowers as well when I went to Wasatch Steel and didn't know what I was going to do with them. I just loved them so I got them. Well my hubby suggested that he weld the flower in the middle of these decorative things. So we did that with 2 of them!
When he welded it a lot of the paint came off because of the heat so I repainted the decorative piece black trying to miss as much of the flower as I could. I didn't tape it because I am going to paint it another color.
After that dried I taped off the decorative piece so just the flower was showing.
Then I painted the flowers with white spray paint.
I didn't want to leave them stark white. I wanted more of a cream color so when that dried I rubbed some Early American stain over them to give that look.
As I rubbed it on some of the paint came off in some areas so you can see the metal. I think it looks so cool! It was a total mistake, but it looks old and antique! I was happy when that happened!!
Next, I painted a coat of lacquer over everything to give it a glossy look and protect it.
The 2 flower ones are done. The other 2 I am using as frames. I wanted to put some wedding pictures in them. I had this all planned out in my head and was so excited, but it did NOT work. The decorative frame just took over the picture and you couldn't see us very well. So I had to do some switching and decided to just put scrapbook paper in them.
I found some cute mustard yellow paper. I am accenting my room with yellow and dark red.
I traced the middle of the fancy frame and cut the paper out.
Then, I super glued the paper on the frame.
Next, I put some ribbon around them so I could hang them up. Then we laid everything on the floor until we found the placement we liked for it all.
Then my awesome hubby helped me get them hung up on the wall in our room.
(As you can see we ended up turning the flower ones on bottom. We liked that look better when we hung it up!)
Here is a better picture of the decorative decor:
I just love how they turned out!!!
STAY TUNED FOR PHASE 2 OF THIS WALL!!!
I still have more to add! I can't wait to have it all done!
Joining the following: