Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

{Cabinet Doorknob} Necklace Orgainizer

Every couple of months my hubby and I will check out the clearance section at Walmart while we are there. We have found some pretty cool stuff for cheap by doing this. There were a couple of times that I found some cabinet door knobs. I decided to get them, not knowing what I wanted to do with them. I knew I could come up with something though! 

These doorknobs have have been sitting in my crafting armoire for a few months now. I opened it up one day and decided it was time to put these to use in a project. 

After looking around to see what I could come up with I came across my necklaces. They are all in a drawer tangled together. They are a pain to get out of the drawer because of this reason. I needed a better way to organize them. What better way then to hang them on doorknobs!!! Brilliant!!!!

I had a board all painted and stained that I had done for another project, but didn't end up using it. 

This was the perfect thing for my necklace organizer that I was going to make with the doorknobs!

It was so simple to put together. 

First, I put V Hangers on the back of the board to be able to hang it up.

Next, I measured the board and spaced out the doorknobs how I wanted them to be. Then I took another piece of wood and drilled 3 holes of how I wanted them spaced. This way they were perfectly even on my real board. I used that for a pattern when drilling the holes on my board. I forgot to get a picture of this step! Sorry!

Then I screwed the cabinet doorknobs on the board.

Lastly, I hung many of my necklaces on it to organize them! 


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new organizer!!! I have a few more necklaces so I might end up doubling up the knobs so I can hang more of them up! I haven't decided though. These are the ones I where the most so I now have easy access to them!!

Happy Organizing!!!


Joining the Following:

SATURDAY SHOWCASE @ BOWDABRA
Toot Your Horn Tuesday @ Debbie Does Creations





{Junk in their Trunk}


The Taylor House
One Artsy Mama 52 Mantelsthe Grant Life



Chef In Training

Photobucket


10 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love the two tones of knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute Jill! It turned out wonderfully, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Great use of the knobs! I need something like this. Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party. Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, this is so awesome! What a great way to recycle or upcycle! We are new to your blog and can't wait to look around!


    I would LOVE if you stop over at our Crafty Saturday Showcase and linked up this project. It runs from Sat-Thur at noon. Then our designers pick our favorites and feature them on Friday. This would go great in the collection!

    We also have a linky for ETSY/Business craft link up.


    Link: http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/05/19/saturday-showcase-craft-projects-2/

    Hope you are having a great weekend,
    Susie Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like how you used the door knobs to do this! I discovered you on Happy Hour Projects and I'm now following. I would love if you could follow back! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I would love to have you come by, link up and show off this project at the Creative Corner Hop.

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the door knobs! I have a board with push pins in it which can be a little flimsy, so sturdy door knobs would be a much better idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a "HOT" thing to do right now! Thanks so much for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to do this too! I like the way you staggered your knob placement. Thanks for re-sharing at "Small Things"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your necklace organizer is super cute! Great idea! Visiting from the Oldies but Goodies link party at Small things. Have a great day. ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips