Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

{Re-Sticking a Cricut Mat} Tutorial

Happy Monday!!

I hope you all had an amazing weekend! Our family had an awesome one. Growing up our family's thing was boating. Its what we did every summer. The last many years we have not been able to go, but Saturday my Dad got our boat and took the whole family! It was so fun to be back at the lake again!!! Here are a couple of picture of my kiddos-
This was actually my kids very first time on Grandpa's boat! They were a little nervous at first, but grew to LOVE it quickly!!

********************************

Before I get started today I wanted to let you know what's going on this week at Two Yellow Birds Decor. 
I have done a few things that last couple of weeks that are all tips and tricks I want to share with you so I have dedicated a week for this! Hope you can find something useful throughout the week!

For today's tips and tricks I have a tutorial on
HOW TO RE-STICK A CIRCUT MAT
I bought new ones all the time when I needed to and it costs so much money in the long run so my hubby searched for a simple way to re-stick it so we no longer have to keep buying new ones. Doing it this way saves so much money!!

To get started-
Here is what you will need:
*Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over {found at a craft store}
*Some type of container to store it in
*Something to mix it with
*Foam Brush (Not Pictured)
*And of course...your Cricut Mat!

Step One:
*Wash your Cricut Mat with warm water and soap. I used a sponge to scrub it with. Wipe dry.

Step Two:
*Mix equal parts {1/2 and 1/2} of Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over AND water. You can mix up how ever much you want.

Step Three:
*Paint a thin coat of the glue mixture on the Cricut Mat. Let it air dry. It may take up to 10 minutes. Just keep testing with your hand to see if its dry every few minutes.
{Put the lid on the container and store it for the next time around! It should last a long time so you can get many uses out of it!!!}

Step Four:
*Lastly, take your hands and stick them to the mat and pull them off. Do that repeatedly all over the mat. This is just prepping it for use!

Now you are done! It is really simple and easy! As you can see it will save a lot of money in the long run! The biggest cost for this is getting the Aleene's Glue. {I can't remember the exact price, but I know its not too expensive!}


Joining the Following Link Parties:
Chef In Training
creative corner hop

52 Mantels

the Grant life
SixSistersStuff.comOne Artsy Mama
Blissful and Domestic

 

6 comments:

  1. Great tip!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, thanks for the tip! I don't own a cricut machine. Do you recommend a crafter gettting one? What all do you make/do with yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jill that is awesome. I LOVE my cricut and I am constantly buying new mats. I will definitely try this. Thank you for sharing. Saw your link on oldie but goodie.
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! Awesome. I spend so much money in the mats and they are very pricey. This is going to save me a bundle allowing me to buy more cartridges. Lol. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!!! This has saved me a TON of money. I have used the same mats I did in this tutorial about 3 different times with resticking them. I think this next time I will buy new mats, but this helps save on money so much!
      Jill

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips