Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Revitalizing Dry Mascara


A few months ago I was browsing Pinterest and came across a 
super cool pin about 
rewetting dry mascara
I went into the pin because I had to see what it was all about! I ended up finding an interesting fact about mascara. 
It said that a typical mascara dries out before half of it is used. I didn't even know that! I know that estheticians and professional make up artists would probably not agree doing this. But for my hubby and I being poor college students, I cannot afford getting new mascara every few weeks! 

So the Amazing trick to revitalize dry mascara is....
add a few drops of saline solution!!
 I would have never even thought of doing this and HAD to try it out for myself to see how it worked.

Here is my dried out mascara and my saline solution. I just used the solution I use for my contacts because I already had it!

Next, I added about 5 drops of the solution to the mascara.

Then I took the wand and stirred the solution and mascara together.

Now you have  
REVITALIZED MASCARA
using a simple technique!
You can do this 2-3 times until you run out of mascara.
I was amazed at how much longer my mascara lasted me by doing this. I will definitely be using this trick for a long time!!!

{If you would like to see the original pin on Pinterest go HERE.}



Joining the Following Parties:
Chef In Training



One Artsy Mamathe Grant life52 Mantels
Blissful and Domestic
creative corner hopSixSistersStuff.com

5 comments:

  1. Jill, this trick is AWESOME...easy, quick and cheap! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is some news I can use! Thank you so much Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! We're a one income family right now, so we're right there with you when it comes to a lack of spending money :-) Every little tip helps and I appreciate you sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so welcome! You are so sweet! Thank you so much!!! It really is amazing how much longer it lasted me then before.

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips