Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Loaded Potato Soup

Here in Utah it is still full on WINTER. 
I am definitely ready for the cold to be gone and
 have some sunny warm weather again!!
{Although we have had a sneak peak of the sun over the weekend!}


I do have to say though, one thing I LOVE about Winter is
having YUMMY HOMEMADE SOUPS!!!

Who else loves soup on a cold day?!?


A couple of weeks ago it was a wintery snowy day outside and I was in the mood 
for some comfort food....homemade soup!!

This particular day I wanted to try something new I haven't done before 
so I got browsing online and found this yummy looking soup at My Recipes.com called...
LOADED POTATO SOUP!

Doesn't the name scream delicious!!



Let me tell you...this is THE BEST homemade soup I have had in along time.
 I will definitely be making it again very soon before spring gets here! Everyone in the family loved it!!

Because of this, I HAVE to share this recipe with all of you!



Here is a peek at what it looks like:




Doesn't it look Amazing?!? It was so easy to make and its pretty healthy too!

Here is the recipe:


LOADED POTATO SOUP-

Ingredients:

  • (6-ounce) red potatoes
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil 
  • 1/2 cup prechopped onion 
  • 1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided 
  • 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • bacon slices, halved 
  • 1.5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup) 
  • 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions

Directions:

  1. 1. Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave on HIGH 13 minutes or until tender. Cut in half; cool slightly.
  2. 2. While potatoes cook, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Add broth. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk then add thatto pan. Then add 1 1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
  3. 3. Arrange bacon on a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Crumble bacon.
  4. 4. Discard potato skins {Optional}. Coarsely mash or cube potatoes into soup. Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon.
**********
When I made this I doubled the recipe which fed 7 of us with a little bit left over. I didn't want to get rid of the potato skins. I love red potatoes so I left them on and it also adds a little color to the soup! I didn't want to mash them up either so I cubed them and put them into it. 

Tip: I made the soup in the early afternoon. I put everything in except the sour cream. I left that until I reheated the soup before we ate. It was nice to have it all made ahead of time and then just add that when reheating it!








I hope this will warm you up on a cold gloomy day as well!! 

**To see the original recipe, go HERE to My Recipes.com



Joining these Link Parties HERE


6 comments:

  1. Jill, this soup is amazing. What time should I be over with my spoon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks, sounds and smells like heaven- saying hi from the hop- happy monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I love baked potatoes and this is even better in a soup form! We are having a party at Tumbleweed Contessa - What'd You Do This Weekend? This would be great to add to our selection. Hope you can bring it over. http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/whatd-you-do-this-weekend-5/

    Have a wonderful day,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmmy! This looks good as I'm watching it snow out my window!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up this post to The Best Blog Recipe’s Weekend re-Treat #7!

    I know I’m running a little bit behind in pinning but I wanted to stop by and pin your image to My Link Parties Craft/DIY & Recipe Boards while I was here.

    Hope to see you link up again at the party this weekend!

    Shauna
    http://thebestblogrecipes.blogspot.com/
    http://ready2loseweight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips