Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Sweet & Sour Chicken

Growing up my Mom made the BEST Sweet & Sour Chicken from the Lion House Cook Book. If any of you are familiar with the Lion House they have the BEST Homemade tasting food. It is located in  downtown Salt Lake City in Temple Square. 

Some of you may already have this recipe but I wanted to share it with those of you who don't have it! It really is So Tasty!!






Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe:
{Makes 6 Servings}

6 Chicken Breasts
Garlic Salt
Black Pepper
3/4 cup Flour
1 Egg Beaten

Sauce:
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Vinegar {I like to use red wine vinegar}
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
3 1/2 Tbsp Catsup
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce


1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. 

2.  Sprinkle Chicken with garlic salt and pepper on both sides. Dip chicken in beaten egg, then cover in flour. Brown in hot oil.

3.  Place in baking dish. 

4. Put the sauce ingredients into a sauce pan and heat. Pour over chicken. {I like to double the sauce recipe so the chicken is almost fully covered.}

5. Bake uncovered for 1 hour. {If you don't double the sauce recipe you will want to turn the chicken once or twice during baking.}




**Here are the visual pictures of each step!


Step #2:

Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Dip into beaten egg and cover the whole thing in flour.

Brown in hot oil.



Step #3:
Place in a baking dish.


Step #4:
Put all sauce ingredients in sauce pan and heat. Pour over chicken.



Step #5:
Bake uncovered for 1 hour.



We like to serve it over rice and with some veggies, a salad or a roll.





Mmm!! Doesn't it look so good?!?
It really isn't that hard to make either!


It is a huge hit with anyone who has it! My kids have been picky eaters with chicken lately. My little miss is getting better, but my little man really doesn't eat much. When I made this last he DOWNED the chicken. He probably ate a half of a breast! He LOVED it!




**One Last Thing**
I just had to show you a picture of the recipe book. You can really see how much my mom and I have made this chicken up to now...
I think its gotten good use...don't you?!?






Joining the Following Link Parties


4 comments:

  1. I use the same kind of pie tin for breading my chicken. I love sweet and sour chicken. I have to try this. Hope you will bring it over to my party, What'd You Do This Weekend? Www.tumbleweedcontessa.com

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contess

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMMM this looks delish. When should I be over with my fork?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post with lots of information. Thank you for sharing such valuable information. It seems like you've been through a similar ordeal. This profile is about click-through. Let me know if you find it helpful. Visit here kohi clicker .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long-term use of cigarettes will do harm to the lungs, and second-hand smoke will also affect the health of others, so it is advocated to ban the use of cigarettes. E-cigarettes can be used instead.steam crave plus
     and Smok Vape Pod
     products are cheap, durable and healthier than cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips