Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Guest Posting & A Guest Blogger {The Hally Household}

Today I am Guest Posting over at The Hally Household!! I am so excited to be over there. Michala and I have have recently become blogging friends. She is Amazing!!! She has some fun crafting, couponing tips and motherhood ideas on her blog. I have learned so many wonderful things from her!

I am going to be showing you all how to make a cute and fun Paper Heart Garland for Valentine's. Here is what it looks like:
Hop on over to The Hally Household to learn how to make it!!!

***************

I am so excited about our Guest Blogger today. We actually have Michala from The Hally Household here with us!!! She is going to show us a cute and inexpensive idea for Valentine's to show your hubby how much you love him!

Blogger Friends...Meet Michala!!
I am so excited to be doing my very first guest post!  Thank you so much Jill, my "fairy blog-mother", for having me!  I am brand new to the blogging world (from the eyes of an author- I have been admiring other blogs for quite some time now).  Jill has patiently answered my questions and has helped me navigate through some of my first big milestones of setting up my own blog.  And if that wasn't enough, she is now letting me guest post!  She is pretty much... amazing!!!


My name is Michala, and you can check out my brand new blog over at thehallyhousehold.blogspot.com  where I love showing craft tutorials, couponing tips and techniques, ideas for a frugal lifestyle and just my funny personal stories of being a wife, mama and teacher.  

I teach kindergarten part-time and absolutely LOVE it!  I had always taught fifth grade, but I just had my baby girl last May, so I feel lucky that I get to stay home most days with her now.  Even though I love my job, I love being a mama so much more.  

Enough about me...  

I thought I would share a super easy, frugal way to show your sweetheart how much you love them on Valentine's Day without spending money!  Give them... a heart attack!  I did this for my hubby last year and he got a kick out of it.  



To get started, all you need is:
  • Paper (I like to use colored or patterned)
  • Scissors
  • Pen
  • Embellishments (Optional- I used flowers and brads for mine)
First, simply cut out your hearts and on each one write a personal note.  I started every note with, "I love you because..." and then I gave a specific reason or thing that my hubs does that I love and/or appreciate about him.  

I know this sounds silly, it may be the teacher in me, but I don't like to give generic feedback.  Telling someone "I love you because you are funny" is nice, but telling them why or how they are funny will really make their day.  It tells them that you really notice and love them for exactly who they are.  If I tell a student, "I really appreciate how you come in quietly and get started on your morning work without talking!" They will do that for me every day.  Specific, positive feedback can mean the world to someone.


Now you can add any embellishments, if you choose.  I decided to make mine even "manlier" by adding flowers to my hearts :)


My husband makes me laugh so hard my belly hurts!  He will ask me, "Did I give you a belly laugh?"
Now you can hang them up... anywhere your hubby will see them!  One year I covered the cab of his truck in them.  Another year I hid each heart in a different place, so as Valentine's Day went on, he would slowly find them.  

This picture shows them all over his closet door.  What better way to start your day than being reminded of all the things you do that your spouse loves?  



Have a fabulous Valentine's Day!  For more craft and frugal living ideas, come by my blog thehallyhousehold.blogspot.com and while you are there, I would LOVE for you to follow me :)




Thank you again to the lovely Jill, for sharing her ideas and blog with me!  


Thank you so much Michala for being here today!! You are so sweet! This is such a fun idea. I think its way more special to write down lots of little things that you love about your sweetheart then just getting him a gift!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill! THanks for visiting my blog. I thought I followed you when I signed up for your blog hop..sorry...but I'm following you now. Nice blog page and cute guest post today. What a sweet family picture Jill has. I look forward to coming back here again!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips