Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Easy Lasagna

I am 26 right now and up until a month ago I had NEVER made Lasagna. I absolutely love it, but something about it intimidated me. I just thought it was so complicated to make even though I have never read a recipe or watched my Mom cook it growing up. You can totally laugh at me if you would like!! About a month ago I decided I wanted to get into this complicated cooking (so I thought). I asked my Mom for her recipe that she uses. I can not even begin to tell you how EASY it is to make. I honestly don't know why I was intimidated by it. I wanted to share with you all this recipe. My Dad had this growing  up so its been around for awhile. I haven't looked at other Lasagna recipes, but this one is so easy and delicious. 

What you will need:
2 cans of Tomato Soup
1 cup water
1 pd. Ground Beef
1 pkg. McCormick Spaghetti Sauce
1 pd. (32 oz) Cottage Cheese
8 oz. grated Mozzarella Cheese
1 pkg. Lasagna Noodles
9x13" pan


How To Make It:
Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package.

While those are cooking, brown the ground beef.

When you get that done add the tomato soup, spaghetti packet, and water.
Mix that together and let it simmer for a few minutes.

Drain the noodles when they are done.

Next, spray the 9x13" pan with cooking spray.

**Turn your oven to 350 degrees so it can preheat while your finish!**

Now comes the fun part. Layering it all in the pan! 
Start by putting noodles in the bottom. I did 4 the long ways and then to use up the noodles I put another layer going the short way so I had to cut the noodles down. I did 4 noodles and then used the scraps on the last one. You don't need to do 2 layers of noodles if you don't want to. One is just fine!

Then put a layer of the meat mixture on.

Then put a thin layer of cottage cheese and a thin layer of the mozzarella cheese.

Next, repeat the layer steps. Do another layer of noodles, the rest of the meat mixture, the rest of the cottage cheese, and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.

Then put it in the oven for 30 minutes.
Doesn't it just look gooey cheesy YUMMY!?!?

This really is the best recipe. It is not too spicy so its a big hit with the kiddos! My kids down it!! 

Now didn't that seem easy enough?!? The longest part really is cooking the noodles and meat! I hope I have inspired others out there that are like me and haven't made Lasagna yet to give it a try! 


Here is the recipe without all the pictures incase you want to print it.

Easy Lasagna

Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour

2 cans tomato soup
1 cup water
1 pkg. McCormick spaghetti sause packet
1 pd. ground beef
1 pd. (32 oz.) cottage cheese
8 oz. Mozzarella cheese
1 pkg. Lasagna noodles

Cook noodles according to directions on pkg. Brown ground beef. Mix in tomato soup, spaghetti packet and water. Let simmer for a few minutes. Grease a 9x13" pan with cooking spray. Place l (or 2) layers of noodles, then a layer of meat mixture, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese. Then repeat: 1 (or 2) layers of noodles, the rest of the meat mixture, the rest of the cottage cheese and then the rest of the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. 

Serves 8 to 10.



{Junk in their Trunk}





The Taylor House
52 Mantels







6 comments:

  1. It is so great to see that I am not the only one who prefers cottage cheese to ricotta in my lasagna. I usually do a mixture because the husband likes the ricotta. Looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I got so excited to see your post and forgot about the pancake cooking on the stove. Ooops. But now I know what we will be making for dinner :) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great - I never thought of using tomato soup along with spaghetti sauce, I'm going to pin this to try later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I had no idea it was so easy! Once I find gluten free noodles I'll have to try. Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love lasagna! I make mine with no-boil noodles and it saves on time. My mother in law makes hers with ravioli.. and its delish! Now I want some.. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok now I want lasagna. Love this Jill! Oh and thanks for hosting the party:>

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips