Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Guest Posting & A Guest Blogger {Wait Till Your Father Gets Home}

Today I am Guest Posting over at Wait Till Your Father Gets Home. I am going to show you how to make a Super Easy Yummy Dessert called Oreo Striped Delight! Hop on over and check it out!! You don't want to miss it!

It is also a fun day because we actually have Guest Blogger Meredith from Wait Till Your Father Gets Home with us. She is one Amazing, Talented lady. Today she is going to show us how to make some easy delicious cupcakes!!

Bloggy Friends....Meet Meredith:

***********************

Hi everyone! I'm Meredith from Wait Til Your Father Gets Home, a crafty and diy blog that I recently started since becoming a stay at home mom to my little guy, Jackson.
{That's us on Easter....with the only egg he cared to find at his first egg hunt!}
I'm a former teacher, addicted to Pinterest , and love to read crafty & diy blogs as often as possible! Jill has been sweet enough to invite me to swap blogs with her today, and I couldn't be more thrilled!
For those of you that follow my blog, I'm sure you're aware that my little guy's 1st birthday is coming up! He was originally due on July 16th but decided to surprise us early on July 3rd, just shy of Independence Day! In addition to some pretty cute red, white, and blue decor, I've decided to make birthday cupcakes for him (and his party guests) this year! Don't get me wrong...I love a good store bought cake (especially if it's from Publix), but I wanted to do it myself and in the process save a ton of money. (I love ya Publix, but you can be expensive)!
So I begged a good friend to share her cupcake recipe (thinking it was going to be pretty in depth) and to my surprise they are not only the most delicious cupcakes EVER but they are SO super simple to make! I wanted to test out the recipe before the party, to make sure I did everything right and they tasted just as good as hers, so Mother's Day weekend I made myself and some other moms in my life some cupcakes!
To make {Homemade Cake Mix Cupcakes} you'll need:
1 box of Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic Yellow Cake or Chocolate Cake Mix
Substitute 1 cup of buttermilk in place of the water
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
4 eggs (instead of 3)
cute cupcake liners
To get started, dump all ingredients into a bowl and mix! I used my Kitchen Aid (love that thing) and mixed on low for about 3 minutes. Fill your cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full, and bake at 350 for only 15 minutes! Yes, I swear...15 minutes!
Soon you'll have beautiful cupcakes that look like this...
...that have an odd obsession with Vanilla Ice, and would like some homemade frosting (after they cool it down for a bit first).
To make the frosting you'll need:
5 1/2 cups powdered sugar (I used the whole box)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup of butter, softened
4 tablespoons of milk (you don't have to use whole)
In a large bowl, beat the powdered sugar and butter on low. Once they seem combined, beat in the vanilla and milk until it's smooth and spreadable. Add more milk if the frosting seems too thick. If you wanted to have a colored frosting, this is when you'd add food coloring. To frost the cupcakes...
Place a sealable, Ziploc baggie in a cup, spoon frosting into the bag, seal the bag, and cut a small corner out on the bottom. Then you can use it like a pastry bag (without paying all that money for bags and fancy tips) to frost the cupcakes.
Doesn't that look a lot nicer than just spreading the frosting on with a knife?!
The cupcakes were DE-LISH and I know that my little guy will love digging in on his birthday!
Thanks again to Jill for inviting me to swap blogs today. Please come check out {Wait Til Your Father Gets Home} for more crafty ideas, diy projects and yummy recipes! You can also connect with me on Facebook and Pinterest. I look forward to hearing from some of you soon!
Enjoy!


**********************

Don't those cupcakes sound delicious!!! I need to try this recipe out! I love how simple they are to make!
Thanks so much Meredith for sharing this awesome recipe with us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips