Recently On Two Yellow Birds Decor

Drab to Shab Thrifted Frame

A few months ago I went to our local thrift store to look around. I always have to check out there frames when I go. Usually I can find such good frames for so cheap. My new thing has been to spray paint these frames to fix them up. This is what I did for todays project. 

Here is the frame I bought at the thrift store:

Beauty isn't she?!? 
I picked this up for a whole .75 cents! 
I actually really love the style of this frame. It gives that old vintage feel.
 I just wasn't feeling the gold paint on it. 

I am still working on getting everything done for my gallery wall so
 I decided to use the frame for it. 

The colors in our room are black, cream, light blue and yellow.
 I decided to spray paint the frame yellow. 




This project was so simple to do.
What I did was take the back out of the frame and got to work with the spray paint. 
I put about 5 coats on it to make sure no gold showed through. 


I was going to go through and antique the little decals on the frame, but if you look closely the paint kind of did that itself so I chose to just leave it the way it was.


After it dried. I printed a picture of my two little monkeys and put in in the frame. 


Here it is all put together:






I Love what the Pop of Yellow Color did for this frame!
It goes perfect with the picture and even more perfect with our room!

I can't wait to get this gallery wall done and up!
I will post pictures when I do!



Joining these Link Parties HERE

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your gallery wall either! I've always wanted to try one...but I'm too chicken! Love that yellow color and looks so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it Jill! What a fabulous color... it looks so great on such an ornate frame. Great upcycle!
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Krista!! You are so sweet! Your kind words mean a lot!
      Jill

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment!! I promise to respond to any questions you may have! Thanks for stopping by!

Blogging tips